Food Service and Wellness Programs
It takes a healthy mind and body to promote and sustain recovery.
The Laurel House food service and wellness programs include the following:
- Integration with community health clinics - work with a team of health and psychosocial professionals to review overall health and create an individualized wellness plan.
- Nutrition - provide counseling and nutritious meals to improve daily diet and achieve a healthy weight.
- Friendship to Go- offer nutritious meals and companionship to those isolated and living with mental illness; pilot program funded through generosity of the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Tobacco cessation - offer supervised support to permanently quit smoking
- Exercise and Physical fitness - improve self-care through our partnership with a local fitness center and foster an improved self image.
We operate a fully licensed Commercial kitchen, Cafe and Dining Room in Stamford, Connecticut at our Resource Center located at 1616 Washington Blvd. With healthy menus that are properly portioned and serving the highest quality meats, fish and produce, individuals get the opportunity to promote their nutrition and physical wellness while enjoying the conversation and support of fellow program participants and the Laurel House staff. Our food service and wellness programs go hand-in-hand with our other mental health recovery programs at Laurel House; we believe a healthy body supports a healthy mind.